RhoYoshi

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bilengual Sex Education

So there I was, driving home on the 5, singing loudly and off key to my Mariachi music and then the radio program changed. (Side note: Mariachi music is the blues/country of Spanish - the girl always leaves but there are cowboys involved. Second Side Note: It is a lot more fun to make up your own lyrics to mariachi music. My favorite lamentable subject is homework. Somehow it is a lot more fun to sing loudly and off-key in Spanish about homework than it is to whine in English to my friends.) Apparently Spanish Speakers have sex too (!) and their late night radio shows have sex advise. My first thought was, "Wow. They didn't teach me how to say that at Biola!" And then I learned to my astonishment that if your novio termino en tu boca then you can't get embarasada. Bilengual indeed! Ick! Somehow it just sounds wrong in Spanish. Ahh well . . . what's a good Catholic to do?

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kiti said...

I'm shocked at my own bilingual education: I actually know enough Spanish to understand what you wrote in this post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker