RhoYoshi

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My very education mother

My very educated mother just served us nine . . .

My very educated mother just served us nine.

And that is all. No more planet Pluto. Pluto just doesn't have the umph. Although, in my opinion Neptune doesn't have enough umph to be a planet either because it is not gravitationally strong enough to either capture Pluto as a moon or kick Pluto out of its orbit. If Pluto doesn't get to be a planet because it is lacking in the mass/gravity department then Neptune (who is lacking in the same department) shouldn't either. And what's with the definition of a planet only applying to our solar system? So if Pluto happened to orbit one of Orion's stars then it would be a planet but because it orbits Sol it's just out of luck?

Reasons for kicking out Neptune as well (since we are at it and not including prior arguments)

"My very educated mother just served us." is a much better sentence than, "My very educated mother just served us nine."

and 7 is the number of perfection, so if we are going to be kicking off hulks of matter than we might as well make the number of planets match the number of days in a week and be pleasing to Hebrews while we are at it. Right?

At any rate, I now have to go through all my sci-fi books and scratch out all the references to the planet Pluto. What a nuisance!

On the up side of things, it does make that Planets symphony make more sense . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker