RhoYoshi

Monday, November 05, 2007

Bachi Bugs and other interesting happenings

On October 31 I afforded my students the intercultural opportunity of eating some beetle larva (FDA approved) coated with "Mexican Spices" (although made in California). Almost half partook and actually enjoyed it, "It's like a little potato chip." On November 1 Josh and I were over a Bachan's and Auntie gave me some peanut M&M's. I like to suck the chocolate off and chew the peanut. On my 4th M&M I got to the middle, started to bite, and realized that it was not a peanut that I was biting into. It was the backside of a beetle, probably a cockroach. Dis-gusting. Auntie thought so too, but then she thought that it was bachi for me because I had made my students eat the beetle larva.

Yesterday I went to jail and took a tour of the place. It's like a plain, extremely ugly zoo, but instead of animals they house humans who act like animals. It's a very sorry place to be ... and it reminded me a little of where I used to work. The kids I used to teach and the men in the cells are definitely the same breed! On a happy note, I got to see Josh yesterday for a 1/2 hour! Hee hee, he's worth going to jail for! And yes, I was scared to walk down the streets alone last night to get to the jail. It could have been a fateful experience, but thank God that it wasn't.

It's finally getting cold and starting to feel like the holidays. I want to decorate my house and my heart and be with the ones that I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker