RhoYoshi

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I am a Tri-athlete

I did it. And I stuck with my friend Dee the whole way. It was so incredibly fun! All four of us (Katie, Yvette, Dee, and I) made it to the finish line just fine. I really really had fun! It made me want to do a bunch more triathlons! Big thanks to all the people who came out to support us (Mom, Dad, Auntie Grace, Rob, Dan, & etc). You guys were so wonderful to take the time to do that. It meant so much to me to see you guys there!

The swim was first. I was way too excited and couldn't slow my breathing down, this resulted in me doing the backstroke the WHOLE way. I am such a nerd, but I thought it was hilariously funny too!









After the swim was the bike. This was a fairly easy 10.2 miles. Some nice up hill, some nice down hill, and it's also where I caught my breath from the swim and ate my gu. Mmmmm.










I stuck with Dee the whole run. I was really proud of her - she didn't walk at all! So I hung with her and we finished together. It was cool to stick with a friend on the first tri. In the future I'll probably want to be more competitive, but it was a fun start.








Here are all four of us at the end - Katie (far left) came in first, then Yvette (middle right), and Dee (far right) and I (middle left) finished together. It was cool because they announced our names as we crossed the finish line and there were a lot of people cheering for us. =D Thanks guys!








Dad and I at the end. Dad, the man who has done more athletics with me and come to more of my races than any other human being. He's always there for me. It meant so much to me to have him, Mom, and Auntie Grace there, especially as Josh couldn't come because he was busy being a Sheriff.







At the end they had showers, and it was SO wonderful to wash some of the gunk off me and get to change into clean dry clothes! I still have my race number on my leg and arm though, #357!










At the end Dad, Mom, Auntie Grace, and I went to Ihop. Auntie had to leave before she got to eat though, because Jichan was getting into trouble at home =( but it was great to have her around while she could be there!

2 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Good for you! I'm impressed. :)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Marcy said...

Congratulations! Sounds really fun... I would suck at the swimming part, though. And I wouldn't be nearly as good as you at biking. Still, fun! (= How long did it take you, if you don't mind my asking?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker