RhoYoshi

Saturday, November 18, 2006

"My brilliant plan was not so brilliant"

Well, my thesis is certainly getting done - I'm well over 60 pages and I feel good about what I have written so far. It seems to be getting tighter and more academic every passing moment (no I'm not drinking).

On the other hand, my brilliant plan to hole myself up in the hotel and finish my thesis while Josh was at his photo convention isn't exactly panning out. Instead I am now a real model. No, seriously. You see, at these photo conventions the different vendors higher models to pose while people use their lights/cameras/etc. to take pictures of the models to show how well their products work. Josh's vendor's model was several hours late today and is not going to be able to make it tomorrow. So today I modeled while top-notch photographers (you've seen their work in magazines) took my picture ... again and again and again.

It's weird, because even though I was exactly the same while I was modeling under the Profoto lights - same me, same smile (she has a great smile! wow, look at her eyes!), same body, same _skin!_ ... all of the sudden people were looking at me differently, really differently, like I was magic. I have never had so many approving male glaces. _very_ disconcerting. The title of "model" all of the sudden makes you glamorous. Women asking me, "so what's it like to be a model?" umm ... actually, I'm a Spanish teacher and my husband just works for this company and the real model couldn't make it ...

but by golly, dress up, wear make-up and stand under hot lights in positions that make you sweat and people honestly believe that you are a model ... and for three hours today I actually was.

Well, this model is going to go back to more important things, like finishing her thesis that is due. (wow! looks and brains! ::snort!::)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker