RhoYoshi

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

facts and suches

In my cooking class the kids are making gingerbread houses this week (the same ones Keiko and I made last year) and it's pretty darn fun. One group decided to made a gingerbread tepee, and it's pretty cute, but I think that it may have turned into a volcano.

Shooting is pretty fun for me, and interesting. Well, the shooting is fun. Josh and I go with some friends, Jeffrey and Flora. I'm an E class shooter, Josh and Flora are C class shooters, and Jeffrey is a B class shooter. For the last two weeks I have won first place in my class, but I shoot the whole time with the other three, not with people who are in the same class as I am. I am at least twice as slow as they are. Every single time I shoot with them I feel like I'm four years old again, running after Jess, not being able to do anything as well as all the people that I'm with. It's very frustrating. Josh keeps saying, "Well, next year you'll be as good as we are now" which is what I heard my entire childhood from my parents. It's not a phrase that I like hearing. In fact, I hate it. Each week I go to the indoor range and practice by myself. Each Sunday I go hoping that I'll be a little bit closer to their speed. And each match I feel like I'm the slow child again. Sigh. I hate growing character. It hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker