RhoYoshi

Sunday, December 07, 2008

it's been a while

Well ... I've been busy teaching and living and enjoying my new place for the past month and a half. Josh and I are still saving for a house. He was so sweet this week and bought me my first real Christmas tree for our place. Today I won the shooting competition for my class. I'm really enjoying shooting but I want to be able to practice a lot more and kick everyone else's butt! Basketball season has officially started. We had a tournament this last week and won 2nd place, which for these pre-season tournaments is pretty darn good. Our first game of the season is this week.

It's funny, last year bb felt all-consuming, but after the real all-consumption of last summer, I realize now that I still have time for lots of hanging out and relaxation. This year is just all around a LOT easier than last.

Dee's back is hurting her, so we won't be doing the 1/2 marathon this January. I'm really sorry that she's not doing well, and I'm sorry that I won't get that great runner's body, but I'm not so sorry about missing the hours and hours of running.

It's been really fun to TA the mountain bike class this semester. As fun as road riding is, I honestly just enjoy mountain biking more. Maybe because of all those memories of me and dad ... and then me and Josh in the early years. Road is fun, but not as alive as mountain.

Josh is doing well. Each week he comes up with something different that he wants to buy, but he's actually only buying new stuff about once a month, which is down a lot from a year ago (yay).

So ... over all life is pretty darn good. And I have to say that the cynic in me is just trying to enjoy it while it lasts because I know this world too well to think that happiness can exist for very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker