RhoYoshi

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Last Night's Dream

Driving in my oldish white pick up truck, down the freeway, the back packed with stuff - Josh's sheriff's clothes, boots, and misc stuff and Kathleen's ex boyfriend and her papers and bags. I was carrying them in my truck down the freeway, transporting all their stuff because they couldn't or wouldn't. They are riding in the cab with me and I am driving. Behind me a cop flashes his lights on and pulls me over. The junk in the bed of my truck was improperly secured and thus hazardous. As an officer of the peace it is his job to protect others from such hazards and so I must be arrested. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't even my stuff, but he doesn't want to hear it. Josh, being scared of having to write more reports for the TAC officers ditches us and escapes from the scene (sort of melts away). So Kathleen and I go to jail. But she refuses to leave her ex-boyfriend to be confiscated by the officer, and so we sneak him into jail with us. I allow all of Josh's stuff to stay in the truck and get towed. If he wants it he can deal with it. So we hide Kathleen's ex in the shower of the woman's jail. The cop is a bit of a jerk and refuses to talk to me in English - I got pulled over on the wrong side of town you see, and so he would only talk to me in Spanish. Frustrated, but able to communicate, I argue that he shouldn't have arrested us. But he had a quota to fill, and Kathleen and I were driving hazardously. Kathleen doesn't care to argue - she's too scared that someone will discover her ex in the woman's shower (he has a tendency to pop his head out at the wrong moment and say stupid things that aren't helpful). After a night in prison we are released and there is a long black limo waiting for us with a kind-looking English driver. We throw all of our junk in the back (Kathleen's ex and all her other junk) my bag of junk i keep next to me in a plastic shopping bag (three pairs of shoes and my yellow Chinese silk jacket). I don't know where my bag of stuff came from, but it's really important to me that I don't lose it - especially a pair of yellow and pink silk wedge shoes. The limo driver is inclined to like me, I can tell that he thinks I'm a nice girl who just got involved in the wrong thing at the wrong time. As we climb into the limo I try to explain to him that we got arrested only because the officer had to fill a quota - it wasn't really my fault. But as I explain and he looks at me I see his face harden against me. He doesn't believe me any more and now is sure that I am guilty of some crime. He sits there and I know that he won't start the limo and take us away because of my guilt. I know that I am not guilty because it was there stuff, but in a way, I am guilty, because I allowed myself to be burdened with other people's stuff and that made me hazardous to others. So I really am guilty after all. The driver looks at me harshly, and then I wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker