RhoYoshi

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Food for the Birds

I came home today to find a quirky surprise. The grapes that have been growing in my backyard - the luscious spheres of crimson sweetness warmed gently in the sun and swinging gracefully from swirling vines - are gone. Not quite all, but mostly. Each bunch has a good bunch missing. The culprit? Something with soft little gray feathers. I will never get to taste this year's harvest apart from the two or three grapes that I tasted to see if the bunch was right (a few days ago I decided that they could use a few more days before harvesting). But can you imagine the delight of some little bird, in the midst of a hot July day, in an area where there is almost no water, to come across such a juicy sweet treat? That must have been one happy sparrow (or several, from the amount of grapes that are gone). How glad (if they have feelings) they must have been! So in a way, I'm really not all that sad after all. At least the grapes were enjoyed and appreciated. And I still have a ton of oranges (all green right now and a little bigger than an egg) coming along right now. Those will be fun.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" ~Matt. 6:26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker