RhoYoshi

Friday, July 13, 2007

It's that time of year again ...

And no, not when young men's fancy turns to love. One of my hermit crabs shed his shell. I have now seen all three of them (Rocky, Billy, and Holder) sans shell, and I'm happy (and surprised) to say that I called their sexes correctly. Rocky is a girl, and Billy and Holder are both very male. It was funny to see Billy without his shell because his back half is really a lot bigger than his front. I would never have guessed that he was so big and it suddenly explains why he keeps moving into shells that look way to big for him.

Holder (named for the fact that Matt was holding him when I bought him. By the way, BIG time congrats and blessings to Monica and Matt for getting hitched, and kudos for eloping. You lived my dream and I'm just glad that somebody I know did it!) actually had me a little worried because four days ago I saw his backside hanging _out_ of a shell that was too big for him and I thought, "oh no! Another one died. And it was one that I actually wanted to live." But when I picked up the big shell to view the remains, there was Holder, curling tightly and looking desperately for a place to hide. He actually hung out naked for a few days, which surprised me. Rocky always climbs back into her shell first thing after she sheds, but Holder didn't. Is it a guy thing to want to hang around naked? I don't know.

Billy stole Holder's old shell, though, while Holder was lounging in the nude, so Holder is now back in a shell, but not in his favorite. Billy, my shy little one who isn't as shy as he used to be, is the only one who has yet to shed since I've owned him. I wonder if there is something wrong with him (he really does have a very large backside compared to Holder and Rocky) or if he's just different?

Anywho, they are fun pets in their own ugly way.

Josh is graduating on Tuesday, and we have a ton of activities related to his graduation in the next week and a half. In the two days I have also spent over 10 hours shopping. It was very fun in parts, and also very addictive. I'm glad that yesterday I made myself spend cash so that I wouldn't keep shopping when I should really stop. If Josh doesn't like how I look at his graduation, then I think that I will smack him soundly because I haven't put this much effort into getting clothing together since the prom. (And no, I didn't even put this much effort into finding my wedding clothes, which were incredibly easy to find thank you Jessica). I really want to celebrate and make him look good. He's worked so hard at this. I'm so proud of him. He's turning more and more into a man, which is nice.

Anyways, I have to go and swim and train for my sprint tri-athelon with Katie and Dee. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker