RhoYoshi

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Confession

I went to a Catholic Mass today at the church down the street from me. I miss the liturgy and I really can't stand to be Episcopalian. Is it ok to choose the less heretical of the two? And no, I didn't take communion, which sucked, but it was still cool to go and hear it and they had a really cool homily and I like how they encourage families. I've never heard a sermon that pro-family in all my life (especially as it was given by a celibate guy!) and to be honest, it was really heartening. Maybe there would be less divorce if there were more active support for marriages like that. He talked about vocation, and how each of us have a job to do here on Earth before we die and that in order to know what we are supposed to do we need to have an active prayer life and talk to God and then listen for him to tell us what to do. It was nearly downright charismatic!

I know that Catholics get a bad rap because so many people say that they are Catholic and then act like creeps, but isn't that the same of the Protestants as well? I think that if you really follow after Jesus you'll be less of a creep, and that goes for all types of Christians, quaking, incensing, tonguesing, and otherwise. For all that the Catholics have arrogant pomp, and the Protestants have arrogant laxity, there is a true love for Christ in each denomination and that makes us family. I also like how the church is laid out in a cross shape. I sat at one of the arms so that I could meditate on a stained glass window of the nativity while I devoted. Everyone in it was looking at Jesus, and that it how it ought to be.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Jessica Snell said...

that sounds like a great mass.

I wish I could become Catholic too. I can't, but I really, really wish I could.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker