RhoYoshi

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Fun times

The funnest thing that I've seen this last week? On the freeway there was a big, blue exercise ball bouncing around between lanes. It was like a beach ball at graduation. Very very fun!

I confess that I'm really enjoying The Office.

I also confess that I'm really enjoying my 2.5 T.A.'s. I wonder what things I can come up with for them to do? ... hmmm... creative suggestions welcome. I could randomly send them to serenade people who it would really bug ... hmm... practical jokes on other classes? ... this needs some thought.

Spanish III: They are learning the present perfect ex: I have written on my blog today. They had to come up with questions. My fav?

Kid 1 (in Spanish): Have you died?
Kid 2 (in English): That's a dumb question.
Kid 1 (in English): Not if I'm asking Jesus.

My other problem this week? I'm starting to have a really hard time keeping a straight face when the kids are totally wrong. I have several kids who, even though we are only working on the present perfect, insist on answering everything in the preterite. It's so funny!!! They answer so seriously and they are so wrong! (Gratifying: at least they are using the preterite correctly!)

Not fun part of life? Basketball is losing a lot and getting really grumpy about it. Sigh. We're totally better than the other teams, but we're being sloppy and not putting in the easy baskets. It's not very fun to spend a lot of time coaching people and then see them not play up to their potential.

Ah well, Europe is coming up soon. That will be new and exciting. I love adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker