RhoYoshi

Friday, May 08, 2009

Spiritual Discipline: Humility

I just started the unit that I'm incorporating Spiritual Disciplines to in my Childhood Development class. I was talking about the Spiritual Discipline of Gratitude, but I experienced humility - I ended up crying when I was talking about how God used the breast-cancer scare in my life. Really odd - I used to would have been embarrassed about crying in public, but it was right... it was the right response and it was honest and earnest and I think that God used my crying and truthfulness to speak to the kids. I cried when I talked about how I realized, in the middle of being scared that I had cancer, that God was using me in the waiting room and that he was allowing me to be there and go through this because he loved _those_ women too - not just me, and how great God was for not loving just me, but loving all of us. I'm really looking forward to introducing these kids to the different disciplines, and looking forward to doing them more myself. It's a really neat time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker