RhoYoshi

Sunday, June 04, 2006

New Author: Joseph Lowrey Fendrich, Jr.

So I am reading this book of his written back in 1929, and I really like it so far. So I went to see what else of his is out there- apparently all of it is out of print. But here is what I could find that he wrote:

Rediscovery of Christ (ordered it from Amazon)
Science Discovers God (ordered it from Amazon)
So This Is Religion (didn't order it because it cost $399.99)
What the Blind Man Saw (1927) (didn't order it because I don't have $40 to spare after ordering the first two)

The below are not available online, they just merely existed at one time (and I want them)
Mental Hygiene (January 1, 1941)
Creative Thinking (1941)
Remake Your World (1943)
How to Collect Life's Dividends (January 1, 1948)
Change Your Life (1942)

and an article published in New Thought in the winter edition of 1945 on page 14 entitled, "Power of Spiritual Minorities."

The book of his that I am reading now is not even mentioned on the internet, and it is called "Half Baked Ideas" and I really like it so far. He was very plain speaking and well-thought-out. I wonder what became of him?

5 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Popfly said...

He was a terrific speaker and writer. I never had the chance to meet him as he passed before I was born. He was my mother's father.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Popfly said...

He was a terrific man whom I never met. He had passed before I was born. He was my mother's father.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Andy Walton said...

I'm pastor of Capitol Hill Pesbyterian Church in Washington, DC where Dr. Fendrich was also pastor from 1937-1944. We are currently in a 3 year celebration leading up to our 150th anniversary as a congregation and are gathering information on our history. Anything information, books, papers, etc you have on Dr. Fendrich would be greatly appreciated. Peace, Andrew Walton, capitolhillpreschurch.org

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger elevencandles said...

Dr. Fendrich wast grandfather. I have one of his unpublished manuscripts given to me by his daughter - my mom. It's nice to see good words about him.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was going through my library and found a book of his it happens to be the first edition " SO THIS IS RELIGION" dated 1939 and I was wondering was anyone interested in buying it from me. If so you can contact me through my email devinenine@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker