RhoYoshi

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Horchata, mmm

I made horchata tonight. It turns out that this yummy drink is relatively easy to make - just boil rice, water, sugar, cinnamon, and lime together for a few hours. You have to drain out what is left of the rice, but it is really good. Speaking of which, horchata leftover-rice is really good too. Sort of like a yummy oatmeal type thing. Really good when warm and mushy!

BTW - this post is being typed from my new (used) laptop. Yay! Josh was wonderful and found me a laptop so now it will be that much easier to type my master's thesis from a library or other location. Don't I have a great guy? I think so!

On other news, please keep praying for me while I figure out job stuff for next year, and please pray that I get placed for student teaching where God wants me. My life is so not in my own control right now. I really feel oddly unable to affect much of anything right now ::grin:: except maybe my students.

Today I discovered that it doesn't take being a mom to turn me into my mother, well, ok, father. I found myself quoting, nearly word for word, a lecture that I heard from my father (sometimes directed at me and sometimes at my siblings)about how you don't have to respect the teacher, but you do have to respect the position. I added in my own bit about how when you grumble about a teacher when she isn't around it is the same as talking behind someone's back. They weren't being disrespectful to me (because they aren't stupid enough to do it when I'm around), but were complaining about other teacher's styles. It was really cool that I had that speech all ready-to-go in my memory from not so long ago . . . and it was even cooler to find out how much I agreed with it and I was glad that I took my father's advice all those years ago. Huh. Way to go Dad.

So Jess, does this make you wonder what words of yours and Adam's Brigid and Sam will someday say? LOL! That's just too funny to think about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker