RhoYoshi

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Yikes.

So, this evening I was coloring Easter Eggs at my parent's house with my niece and nephew and we discussed how my housing situation is unstable. For those of you who don't know, Josh's Aunt's Friend's Mother owns the house that we are living in and we are taking care of it for her while she is in an old folk's home. So the deal is that we watch the house and we live here for free. The deal also used to include taking care of the old lady's dog, but Kiko got sick and died on Easter weekend.

Anyways, so after talking with my Mom and Sister about how our housing is not stable, Josh comes home tonight and says that he talked to his Aunt and she said that the house owner is going downhill and that we should expect to be out of here by the end of the year because the owner is going downhill. That means finding a new place to live that is big enough for Josh's homerun business and yet cheap enough for us to afford. Umm, yeah.

So. My world is changing once more. Can Josh and I even afford to live in Southern California when we have to pay for our own housing? I sort of think not. Being in grad school does not equal big bucks. In fact, it equals very few bucks, especially as I am contracted to do my student teaching next semester and that means working September through January basically full-time with no pay. So I need to find a good-paying part time job. They have these somewhere, yes? I mean, I have a bachelor's for crying out loud, I should be able to make money part-time somewhere. I think that the best luck I would have would be as a tutor because I can charge up the nose for tutoring - min of $30/hour. But where do I find people who want their kids tutored?

Anyways, so the pressure is turning up under Josh and I to go forth and make money so that we avoid ending up on the steets. I would say we should move somewhere cheaper, but until I'm done with grad school, that's a no-go. So, please pray. Please pray that God provides for us (as he always does) and that we will have jobs that support us and a roof that protects us . . . while still being able to pay for food and gas. Thanks so much guys! I know that prayers do a lot. God listens to the prayers of the righteous - so go be righteous and THEN pray for us. ::grin:: Let us see what great place God is leading us to.

5 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh Rho...as someone who really and truly should not have been able to afford life in SoCal this past year, I am praying. And I'm trying for righteous, too, though that's a little less sure than the "praying for you" part. I'm also praying for your stress level ;)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Adam said...

" so go be righteous and THEN pray for us."

oh sure, make it easy.

but seriously, yes, we will pray.

-Jess

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Josh has a homerun business?

sorry... couldn't resist.

We will definitely make sure to keep you both in prayer. I'm sure that Deb is righteous most of the time.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger jeric2003 said...

Aren't you able to get a teaching job and do your student teaching under contract? Lots of students go that route so they can still work a job and make money..

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

Searching for witty comment...

wait...

wait for it....

nope. Sorry.

But I will go and righteous and then pray. Heh, I'm doing it now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker