RhoYoshi

Saturday, March 03, 2007

And I thought that it would get easier

ha. I seriously have to laugh at myself for that one! Nope, it's not easier. On Friday my classroom aid (and normally cheerful hispanic motherly type) got into a verbal fight with my student Co. Ok, yes, given, he was calling her a fucking whore bitch, but he always calls her that. Anyways, for some reason it really got to her yesterday and she fired back with, "well at least I know who my family is." Umm, yeah, not the best words to yell at a bipolar son of a prostitute. Nice. So he just lost it. He threw every desk in the room, kicked all the computer mouses (mice?), tossed the classroom phone, took glue and wrote foul things across her desk with it, and was basically just a big fat nuisance about it all. I finally got him calmed down (after she left the classroom) and let him hold Billy the hermit crab, which is a very very calming activity for him. So my classroom aid refuses to work with him. That means on Monday either Co will be gone from my class or my classroom aid will be gone (and if she goes she means to take my student Is with her, the sweet native Spanish-speaker who is my best student.) I'm not really happy with her right now. I mean honestly, whatever happened to being an adult? And I really don't want my classroom broken up like that. Also, yesterday someone (probably a student) managed to steal my classroom key off my keyring when one of the aids had it, so I have to have my classroom re-keyed. Nice.

But all was not lost, it was still a good day. I got to visit my folks, have a great chat with my mom, go out to dinner with Josh and the other recruits, and buy a new shirt. I LOVE shopping! It really makes me happy (except for the no money part at the end of it).

Today I have been discovering the addictive joys of itunes. I had a $25 itunes gift certificate and spent it all buying mostly country music that I loved when I was in high school, Shakira songs (in Spanish), and my favorite song of all times, "Brown Eyed Girl." I've spent the rest of today down loading all my cds onto my ipod. I have over 4 days of music on it. So fun!

Anyways, Josh, the recruits, and I are going to go hot-tubbing tonight, so I had better go and shave. I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker