RhoYoshi

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ay yi yi yi yi yi yi yi yi

Ok, when the lady at the sub desk asks you repeatedly, "are you tough?" that's not the best indication of a good day to come . . . it actually wasn't that bad though, all things told. Today I subbed a middle school class of 5 kids who are emotionally disturbed. They all liked to yell out at various times, usually disgusting phrases. Several of them spent a large part of the day on top of the cabinets (over 6 feet high) and by the end of the day one had had a fight, a different one had gotten suspended, and only two of them managed to get their work done. I have never spoken so softly and gently for so long! (I can't even joke with them!!! They lose it!)

So, yeah, I'm going to be there tomorrow and Friday as well. I think that I'll learn a lot from this experience. Oh yeah, and I thought that I had done a horrible job (see the kids on the cabinets, fighting, suspension bit) but actually the principal was just pleased that I lasted the day. Apparently most subs are gone before lunch. so, yay? I survive when others don't. Maybe I'm dumb?

tomorrow I'm going to bring my hermit crabs and see if I can distract them into being good. Oh, and there aren't any lesson plans for the rest of the week either, so I have to go and start making worksheets. They are going to learn about pronouns, hermit crabs, the Romans, and how to find area, circumference, and perimeters of various shapes. Think that I'll survive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker