RhoYoshi

Thursday, March 08, 2007

the best day EVER!

Well, not counting one of my boys in in-house suspension, another taken away by the cops in the early morning for assaulting two staff members (fairly sure that he was high), and another traded out with Mr. M for a tamer version ... but I had a ROCK'N awesome day! Yesterday we finally got a nearly full complement of textbooks so I actually had "official" type things to do with them and it was great! Also great? My principal's idea of helping along my ADHD kid's medication along was wonderful ...

I love Redbull. God bless the people who made it! And the kids think that it's a reward for good behavior, I know it to have a calming influence on them ... and we worked the whole day with only a 20 minute break. It was beautiful. They completed autobiographies, typed them up, drew pictures, read textbooks, answered the questions, didn't fight, did fairly difficult math, learned about different kinds of tissue, debated anthropology vs. archeaology, SANG ALONG to ALL the verses of the Battle Hymn of the Republic (ok, so Ju encouraged the singing a little around the fourth verse with a meaningfully bunched fist shaken in the air at Is who had stopped singing ... and began singing again promptly) then sang the first verse to When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again. The favorite line? "And we'll all be GAY when Johnny comes marching home!" Followed up by everyone's favorite - latin pictionary! And then all three of them walked with me for the whole time out at P.E.! And they were sweet, normal, rambunctious little 11 year-old boys. I loved them!!! (and Redbull).

It was beautiful. So the reason that they normally get rowdy, grumpy and violent in the afternoon? Their morning drug cocktails wear off (legal or otherwise). It was beautiful. Next week I'm thinking chocolate covered expresso beans - a cheaper version of Redbull minus the vitamin B.

Josh is doing well too. He got no new billets this week (positions). He passed both of his tests today, so no more code book around his neck. He is keeping up on the runs and generally being a great guy about everything. I love him!

Something to pray about tomorrow? At 3:00pm I have a job interview for a Spanish High School teaching position ... it's at a charter school, so I don't know if I want it, but I might as well interview and see what I get, right?

love ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker