RhoYoshi

Sunday, March 18, 2007

cannons to the left of them

cannons to the right of them volleyed and thundered ...

That was one of my sister's favorite poems when we were kids. Into week nine we go then. These next two weeks will be especially hard on Josh. He expects that he'll get class sergeant or class assistant in the next few weeks (and I wouldn't be surprised ... it's about that time) and for the next two weeks there are only two classes - the old Junior class and his class - and then the new baby class arrives. So until then the TAC officers are bound and determined to whip these sorry excuses for recruits into shape so that they will resemble something that the baby classes might look up and aspire to. It'll be rough for Josh. PT on Mon, Wed, Fri and another big test on Friday. He'll get through ... but he's kind of like those 600 hundred soldiers riding knowingly into the mouth of Hell.

Speaking of the Spiritual - I went to church today. Not to BSC, but to a Calvary Chapel some three blocks from my house. I really can't see driving all the 45 minutes out to Placentia just to go to church at this particular time of my life, and just a few blocks down was actually a comforting thought. You know, student teaching in Downey last Fall really opened up my heart towards this area. It no longer feels like a foreign place that I've been rudely thrown into. I'm kind of starting to own it. I went to church by myself, and it was comforting to be there because a Calvary Chapel apparently is a Calvary Chapel no matter where it is located. It was cool to sit there, worshipping with my neighbors and relizing that there are a lot of good Christian folks in the area. There were over 460 adults there this morning ... and I think about two of them were white. ::grin!:: I didn't bring my Bible, and the kind man next to me handed me his and read off of his wife's during the service. It felt very homey and welcoming. The preacher was really good too.

Well, off to bed. Love to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker