RhoYoshi

Sunday, March 11, 2007

tomorrow ... week eight

Tomorrow week eight of Josh's training starts. He told me that he's thinking of it as week seven because Camp Snoopy doesn't really count as real training ... but I've been making lunches, shining shoes, cooking dinner, doing ALL the housework, washing his clothes, folding them, running random errands, being patient and non-demanding emotionally, and having my social life disrupted for a little over seven weeks now, so I am counting tomorrow as the start of week eight. I really have become the modest 50's housewife that I never thought I'd be. I spent all this weekend not relaxing, but cleaning the house and getting it ready for the week. Josh says that he is able to relax much more when he comes home to a tidy house, so I really worked my butt off this weekend. I cleaned a LOT and did both his and my laundry and all the linens. Ach. But, it still was easier than facing these kids that I'm going to have to face tomorrow. In some ways I'm really glad that I got this subbing job because these are the types of people that Josh will face daily when he works in the jails, so I hopefully will have empathy and understanding for him when he goes through that trail in another 4 months.

The one break I did get was when Josh, some of the awesome cool recruits, and I went out to the Block in Orange and had dinner then watched the movie 300 on Saturday night. It was cool because I guess one of their TAC officers had told them the story about these 300 Spartan warriors who held off the hoards and said that as Sheriffs they were to be like these Spartans. So this weekend they all celebrated their destiny by seeing the movie together. As teacher it is one of the finest things on earth to see your students take up their studies on their own and pursue your lessons on their own time. I know that their TAC Sergeant may never know that they took his words to heart, but I know that he is a good teacher because of how his students responded. The movie was good, even if there were a lot of nipples, both male and female, displayed through out. It was cool too, to see these guys identify with what they want to become and seek after a heroic role model.

Well, I must go to bed because I have to finish lesson planning tomorrow morning and get ready for my interview before school. I love you all, and I hope that you had a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker