RhoYoshi

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Two Weeks Left

Two weeks left for Josh. It has seemed like a timeless eternity while he's been going through this academy, but the end is near, and it is really just another beginning of a sort. He is so tired though, and he won't be getting a break. That's hard. And it's odd for me because my role in the household has changed a lot because of this job of his, and I wonder if I won't change back so much to what I was before. I think that this job of his may keep me eternally looking to support him and in some ways I really like that, because spouses are supposed to support each other and so in a way this job is forcing me to do what I should have been doing all along. However, the support needs to go both ways and that is something that we will have to negotiate as time goes on.

I've been getting this science magazine and this last edition had some really cool articles in it that were amazingly fun to read. One was about how man's desire to see things has greatly affected how we do science ... how, for example, our scientists map out dark matter and make a "picture" of it - taking what, by the laws of nature, cannot be seen and forcing it to conform to an image so that we can wrap our brains around it. We do the same thing when we map out atoms - forcing an image of an electron that shows the electron in just one spot while good scientists know that one electron actually naturally exists in several physical locations at one time. And this article discussed how when we force the unseen to be seen we make it what it is not and trick ourselves and how if humans were able to just believe in things without seeing them that our understanding of the universe would be so much more accurate. Yeah, it made me think of God. It was pretty cool. gotta go teach now. yay! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker