RhoYoshi

Thursday, January 10, 2008

a Happy day

So even though the TESOL class that I was looking at online didn't work out this time around, I am now officially enrolled in __________ community college for a class on GIS and I am excited. Another exciting thing? The class is four units and it only costs $20 a unit!!! After the University it is quite a shock to register so easily online and so cheaply. It also just makes my heart happy to be officially going back to school after a year out of it. I love learning.

Along with that happy thought, the cool cool very awesome stuff that I learned from the nice NASA scientists at that Science Teacher's convention a few months ago that got me so excited about astronomy? (and yes, I am still buying books, studying, and ordering cool videos on it). That exact info and even the exact same photographs were on the second page of the California section of the L.A. Times today. They are just now making news. For the second time in my life I have known something before the newspapers, and for the first, I appreciated it.

I just love knowing stuff. And what am I going to do after this class? If TESOL doesn't work still after that, then I want to know math. Just the thought makes my heart pitter patter.

I think part of why school is so exciting to me right now is that I can finally do it now for the joy of learning, and not out of dutiful obligation or consignedness because it's the "right thing to do" or slightly crazed panic because my "career" and "prospects" depend on it. I can do it because it is one of the most beautiful joys God has given me. Thanks be to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker