RhoYoshi

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation: Day 1

Today I picked up the kitchen a bit. I made garlic mashed potatoes for breakfast, creamy spicy spinach soup for lunch. I couldn't decide about dinner, so I'm making both chili and Swedish meatballs - two of my childhood favs. I loved making chili with my sister - the awesome responsibility of MAKING dinner, shared with the great company brings back sweet sweet memories. Hey Jess, wanna make chocolate covered bananas again sometime? And the Swedish meatballs? Those were nights when the whole house smell good for hours before we were allowed to eat any. Mom would crockpot them for hours to coax that rich flavor out. I would spend the hours before dinner smelling the tantalizing whiffs that escaped the kitchen. Sometimes, on really special times, Mom would let me have one meatball before dinner. I knew that I was loved.

Today is also the first day that I bought alcohol and didn't get carded. I bought some red wine to help make the sauce for the meatballs, and it wasn't until the meatballs were frying that I realized that I hadn't been carded. In celebration I'm drinking some of the left over red wine. =) Don't worry though, I'm not hiccuping yet. ;D My house smells like a home now. Like my home. It still needs to be picked up, but having good food is a good start to relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker