RhoYoshi

Friday, October 28, 2005

just a thought

I think that I may try and go on a road trip while Josh is in Australia after Christmas. I wonder if I can make it to Canada? I would have December 26 - Jan 1 - a total of 7 days. 3 1/2 days out and 3 1/2 days back. About $125 a day for gas, lodging, and food. Plus I would need to get 2 new tires, snow chains, change my oil, and get a tune-up on my car before I go. I probably wouldn't be able to afford it, but I'm getting that longing to just go.

It's not a new longing - most nights when I drive home on the 5 I get this urge to not get off at my off-ramp, but just keep going and going and going. If it weren't for Josh waiting at home for me then I would keep going. But Josh won't be here for a week, so there is no reason for me to stay and I haven't been out of State for a few years now and it's really starting to wear me thin. I need a reminder that there is more to this world than squalid southern california. I want perspective, reassurance, and frankly, I would love to just have my own company on a week long adventure.

I'll have to really think about this one. Oh, and I'll need to buy pepper spray, the military grade if I can.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you are going to spend that much money you might as well go with Josh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker