RhoYoshi

Friday, October 21, 2005

Dark Night of the Soul

. . . in modern popular music . . .
While I was in the shower this morning I was listening to music (yay!) and decided that St. John of the Cross's (and St. John of ISF's) Dark Night of the Soul can be described really well in modern popular music of the non-Christian variety. So here is my attempt at a musical explanation of it in order from beginning to end of the process:

1. "Perfect" by Alanis Morissette
2. "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly
3. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2
4. "Imaginary" by Evanescence
5. "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence
6. "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban

I know that I sort of cheated by using Evanescence twice, but I think that those two songs really embody that stage of development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker