RhoYoshi

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My Current Favorite

Since I'm procrastinating on writing a paper that I only have 1 hour left to write (but it's only 3 pages, so I'll be fine) I must say that my favorite book right now is a short anthology of Britain's 100 Best Poets. There are few things that I currently find more pleasure in than reading good poetry out loud. Donne and Marvel are still my favorites - Shakespeare never really did it for me. I especially love "To His Coy Mistress" because it is just so funny! It is exactly the sort of argument that a guy would make! Apparently some things about men never change.

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Once again, you make me laugh. Which is a good thing, today. Hope the paper goes well.
--Sarah

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My favorites of Dunne are:
The Flea
Womans Constancy
The Ecstasy

And my all time favorite poem:
ELEGY XX. TO HIS MISTRESS GOING TO BED.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Darn thing won't let me correct me spelling. I meant to say Donne.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker