RhoYoshi

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Off we go

into the wild mountainous yonder that I love so dearly! I can hardly wait to drive up to Hume. I love the foothills with their gorgeous oak trees that stand so proudly and dot the hillsides! I love the shift in the air as the altitude starts to climb and the trees start to take over. I still fantasize about living in the mountains far away from a road or a town. I love the thought of just being in the wild. Some of my favorite hours have been spent just staring at the roots of a tree or watching a stream slowly move down a mountian. There is nothing so delightful as the shockingly cold mountain waters!

I have had a really mixed day today, emotionally speaking. I started out the day by turning in my application to teach Spanish part time next semester at Whittier Christian. It was the oddest thing because I didn't think that I was going to care about it so much, but I really do! Either they will turn me down and I will face rejection - or they will put me in charge of a classroom! Oh My Gosh! Do you know how scary that is?????!!!! On the one hand I think that it will be really great because I absolutely adore teaching Spanish in a one on one context and I find so much joy in giving language to others! On the other hand - what if I have a monster class from Hell and I'm stuck seeing their faces every morning for four months?! It's just scary either way . . . so please pray for God's will. Thanks!

After that I went to ISF work today and realized that, when I left today, I really didn't want to leave. There was still a lot of things that I could do - and I actually really wanted to stay there and do them. Not for money or reward of any kind, but just because I actually like doing my job and I sincerely wanted to do it. That was another odd realization - I actually like my work. I always knew that I like the people at my work, but I actually like and get a kick out of my job! Wow.

And then I saw Jeff and Deb tonight. They are moving on Wednesday up to Visalia. When Deb and I were talking about it last Spring it seemed so far away - so distant, like a fairytale land and I looked at the possibility of them moving and said, "Oh. That will be ok. They won't be that far. We'll keep in touch." But now they are actually moving in less than a week and I'm really sad. I won't be able to randomly stop by their house after work, just to get a hug and maybe work out together. They are actually moving 3 1/2 hours away. What will I do without my best friends?

So, this has been an odd day. It has been one of those days when I look around and think, "Oh. My life is changing." I always try to enjoy each day as if it were my last and live to the fullest, but even when I live to the fullest in my present situation of life, it is still sad when I see that situation ending - especially since this situation has been a good one. In the last year of my life I have grown more, suffered more, loved more, and been loved more than any other time in my life. There is a change in the wind. The sails of my ship are billowing out - and I have no idea where they will take me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker