RhoYoshi

Thursday, October 20, 2005

patience

When I was a kid my mom used to sing this song to me
"Have patience. Have patience. Don't be in such a hurry. When you get impatient, you'll only start to worry. Remember, remember that God is patient too and think of all the times when others have to wait for you!"

Well, I used to be a very impatient person my freshman year of college! So I asked God to give my patience, and he gave me Josh. Oh the irony! (but a good irony!)

So lately I have thought that I have become a very patient person. Ha! You know how Jonah had a plant? God gave me a plant too. I have this plant that I put on my desk. It is an ivy plant, grown from my mother's wedding bouquet, put into mine, and grown from that. Ivy represents faithfulness. So I have this plant that I love on my desk at work. I have had it at work for about 1 1/2 weeks. It is growing a leaf and it is the SLOWEST DANG LEAF ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!! ARgh! Oh the frustration of it all! Has anyone ever been so truly frustrated as I have??? (probably)

I came to the awful realization - i'm not patient. I'm just busy and don't pay attention to things. So I won't notice when things take a long time to happen because I run around all over the place. When my ivy plant was at home I would look one day, glance the next, and POOF! the plant had grown huge! But oh! Give me something that I see every day and it drives me bonkers! I am so eager to see this beautiful little leaf become a normal sized leaf that I look at the stupid thing every day!

So yes. I'm not yet patient. Just busy and unattentive. Now, am I brave enough to try and grow patience? hmm . . . does it take longer than an ivy leaf?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker