RhoYoshi

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

God is a FREAK!!!

God is a freak and he is freaking me out today beyond belief!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I am still in a state of shock at the dramatic turn that my life is taking.

I prayed last night as I went to sleep, and I told God that I had no idea where my life was going in the next few years, but that I'm trusting him to take care of things. FREAK! He is a FREAK!

So this semester I feel like I am finally starting to spiritually blossom and my friendship with God is becoming just that - a friendship. I'm starting to trust him and hear from him in ways that I haven't since I was four years old. It has been an incredible heart-melting, scary, excruciatingly painful, exciting, and satisfying experience. I feel like I am coming alive. So since I was finally trying to listen to God and willing to obey him when he talked to me, a few weeks ago when I felt like he was leading me to look in the education folder on Bubbs, I obeyed him. That is where I saw the job opening at Whittier Christian.

I felt like God told me to apply. So I did. I honestly didn't think that I would get the job. I thought that God was having me apply to learn how to apply for a teaching job because I applied really poorly - I didn't know that I was supposed to turn in letters of recommendation or a resume because they didn't ask me for one. Surprise of all great surprises I got an interview. And then I found out yesterday that I got the job. They are going to pay me $6,000 to teach 2 classes of Spanish at Whittier Christian High School next Feb-beginning of June. That is how much I would make working for 6 months at ISF as a secretary.

So as of yesterday I thought, great, I will be a teacher. This will be so cool. How exciting. And then I prayed that prayer last night.

This morning I picked up my contract from Whittier Christian and then met with my academic advisor for my Masters of Education program. I am a semester ahead of where I thought I was. All I have to do is student teach, finish my thesis, pass the CSET, and take one dinky little 3 unit class and I walk. Gulp! And Whittier Christian just happens to be an accredited school. Gulp! Gulp! AAAAHHHHHHHH! God is a FREAK!

So now I am hurriedly applying for student teaching next semester. If I get in I will get PAID for 2 of my student teaching classes while earning 12 units. I will graduate and walk with a Masters and a credential in June. Then I will take that dinky little 3 unit class to finish up my work. And then I will be ready to teach a class of my own FAll of 2006.

I never could have planned for this to happen. It is such a God thing. I feel half crazed right now because I thought that I was looking at a fairly easy semester in which I would finish my thesis, have a peaceful summer, and then student teach in Fall 2006 and graduate December, probably substitute teach the spring of 2007 and have my own class the Fall of 2007. Yeah, no. My plan is out the window. God obviously is having me do something different and apparently I am going to graduate a lot sooner than I thought.

So. huh. God is freaky. When I talk to God he does stuff. When I give him my life, he takes it and does stuff with it that is way more successful than what I would have planned.

So now I wait and hear if I can still get into the student teaching program even though I am applying 1 month late. My academic advisor thinks I will. God is a freak and has much better plans than I do.

Now I wonder what things could have happened if I just started listening to him earlier. Now I know that I really should listen to him to begin with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker