RhoYoshi

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

tuna straight from the can

I know that I am sometimes odd in my food choice, but may I say that tuna straight from the can actually tastes pretty good? Also, a dry crust of bread can actually be pretty fun to chew on . . . it takes a while to get down and thus prevents me from eating too much. Also, spending all morning drinking tea and studying South American countries is really fun. Did you know that Belize is an English speaking country and that in Southern Argentina there is a colony of Welsh people? In Central America there is also a large Menninite colony that still speaks 18th century German. From North to South the large indigenous people groupings are as follows:

Aztec aka Meseeka (what Mexico is named after)
Maya (very little is known about the ancient Mayans, but they were more prolific and advanced than Europeans around 500 AD)
Incas (these are grouped around the Peru area and "Inca" is actually the name of their leader and not the name of the people group, as we Westerners mistakenly call them)

Also, people in South America are a lot more into touching each other than us cold North Americas. Hugging, hand-shaking, patting on the back, kissing on the cheeks, and eating from the same dish are common courtesy and to not engage in skin/saliva contact is extremely rude. Can you imagine how much closer North Americans would feel towards their neighbors if they kissed them every time that they saw them?

Come to think of it, when I was wine tasting and I ran into the Pocho and the Peruvian, we hugged and kissed when I left and I felt very friendly towards those ladies. Or was that just the wine? . . . ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker