RhoYoshi

Monday, March 26, 2007

week ... ten?

It's been a while when I start losing count of the weeks. =) Josh did well today though! His scenario went well - he only forgot to ask for the date of birth. He got platoon sergeant - which is not as bad as class sergeant but it's close. And he had his "will to survive" today, which is where they physically wear out all the recruits as best they can and then force them to fight each other to see who has the will to survive. Josh got paired up with a guy who matched him pretty much pound per pound, but had reach on him. He also had years of training in Brazilian Juijitsu, but as it was a standing fight it didn't really matter. Josh said that he was really getting beat up pretty good by this guy ... until Josh got in a "lucky punch" and knocked the guy out cold. That's my boy! I'm so proud of him! Oh, and Josh is now officially in the Junior Class, so hooray! He made it 1/3 of the way through! The baby class is in Camp Snoopy this week. It's good to at least be able to look back and see that we've gotten that far!

School went well for me today. I'm working on breaking up the work a bit more so that the kids don't quite realize how much work I'm making them do ... and so that their brains get a bit of rest in between everything. I've started teaching them grammar as well, and today they began learning how to identify sentence fragments. Fun! =) Also this week I'm hoping to get my application into Azusa Pacific University so that I can get my mild to moderate special ed credential. And after that ... I really need to start thinking a bit more seriously about what I want to get a doctorate in. Either that or I need to learn how to sing, play the piano (and possibly violin), and ballroom dance. Yes, these are my priorities. Good, good, good.

One thing that does amaze me in all this is how well I was taught in the past. Here I am, teaching all these subjects everyday ... and I know them well enough to teach them, even if they weren't my major. I guess that I learned more in public education than I thought. =) love ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker