RhoYoshi

Saturday, June 09, 2007

odd circumstances

Life is decidedly odd for me right now. I burned my arm today pouring tea, which is something that used to just be painful and annoying ... now I'm a little freaked about the one inch welt because I know that it can lead to death. Odd.

Whittier Christian offered me a job yesterday. I wasn't relieved because I really have been trusting God for the providence of a job for about a month now (prior to which I was having sleepless nights worrying about whether or not anyone would want to hire me). I am sort of weirded out by it though. Me? Have a real adult job? Really? It's an odd vote of confidence, when someone actually offers you a job. Someone besides my parents think that I can do it. My family's first reaction to the job offer? Joy. Josh's and his family's first reaction to the job offer? You're not going to take it are you? You're going to hold out for more aren't you? Huh. It's an odd difference and reminds me after months of peaceful marital status that Josh and I really do come from different backgrounds with different expectations. It's nothing to fight over (like we would have done six months ago), but it's an odd reminder. Why? So it's a few thousand less than public school ... but it's still a good job, right? It's a real adult position. Besides, I don't know that I want to make that much money. I don't want to be so poor that I'm tempted to sin, but I don't want to be so rich that I forget God and my dependence on him.

Speaking of being rich, I had a really good day spending my money on other people today. That is one of the most satisfying parts of having money - being able to share it with people that I love. It's so fun to be able to help or just plain provide enjoyment for someone else. It is nice to have a little extra, but not too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker