RhoYoshi

Monday, April 16, 2007

back again

Spring Break was wonderful! We went to church two Sundays in a row (yes, both of us!) Actually, we tried out Evergreen (the all asian church) out and it was really great. I think that we might go back there again. Plus it was really cool to sit next to Ba-chan in church. She was in her element!

Over break Josh got through another week of, actually not quite so bad, academy. This Thursday he is officially half way through! Yay! The recruits had a party on Friday that involved a lot of laughing and alcohol ... between Josh and I we drank on shot of rum (in coke) and half a beer. That is to say I drank and Josh didn't. Also funny on the academy front? One of the awesome girl recruits, Lawson, who had to cut her hair super short for the academy and always spikes it up in a mohawk over the weekend, got caught by one of the TAC Staff at the range on Saturday with it in the hawk. TAC Officer A. was not so happy with it. Poor Lawson, but also a little funny!

I had to go back to school today. There were good parts (I got two hugs from my little guys, aww!) and one of my other seventh graders told off the psychotic foot-fetish older student for me, "Don't hit on my sister! Umm, teacher!" (was that a Freudian slip?) but my big eighth graders decided to act crazy. Not fun. Fortunately none of my students acted as crazy as the high schooler who thought that it was a good idea to bring a steak knife to school and threaten one of the other kids with it in the bathroom (given, the other kid had robbed him over the weekend of several hundred dollars worth of stuff, but still ...). He was taken away in handcuffs. The high school staff kind of suspect that part of why he did it was so that he would be safe in jail and miss the gang jump in that he is scheduled to endure this weekend. It's for the "crazy L.A." gang too ... and if a crazy kid thinks that a gang is crazy, then it must be super crazy.

So. Yeah. Oh! And my family is all doing well and I got to see them and spend some time with them over break. Very fun. And we have spent over $1,000 on car repairs and new tires for Josh's car in the last two weeks, not fun, but praise God that we can afford it right now (as compared to 5 months ago). See, crappy stuff in life does happen, but God really is gracious in the timing sometimes!

Please do continue to pray for Josh and I. That the academy will continue to go well for him (that he passes his inspection and practical application well tomorrow) and that my kids will calm down (please please please God!) and that the work I am doing in their lives right now will have some lasting good effect on them. Thanks and my love to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker