RhoYoshi

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I made Brigid cry today ...

... Twice. Once in the car when I didn't park in the driveway (because we ALWAYS park in the driveway). She was very tired. The second time that she cried was because once I had parked across the street from the house (the only parking available), I let her out of her car seat first. No sooner had I turned around to get Sam out of his car seat, but she runs out into the middle of the road! So I yell, "Brigid get back here NOW!!! You do NOT run into the street! You NEVER run into the street!" And she started crying for good. I apologized to her for yelling a little later, but I was very firm about the fact that she needs to always wait for an adult before ever going into the street and it doesn't matter how much she just wants to be inside her house. Poor thing, but golly she scared me! I comforted her for about five minutes, but after that I told her that she needed to calm down and stop crying. It took her about ten more minutes after that. Sam was sweet, he went up to her and said, "It's ok Bree-bree" and patted her arm a couple times. What a kind younger brother! But after the first five minutes of crying I could tell that it was just her being tired that was making her cry, plus the fact that she didn't cry unless she saw me looking at her. So I stopped looking at her until she stopped completely. Kinda mean maybe, but I after dealing with high schoolers all day long I really wasn't up for being manipulated by a 3 year-old with fake crying. She fussed a bit more when I put her down for her nap, but she was fairly ok by then. I think that I lost a few "cool aunt" points in her eyes today. Ah well, hopefully next time she won't run in the road and next time she's with me she won't get the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker