RhoYoshi

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Caring for God's Creatures

I fed two of God's creatures today. One was a sweet little neighborhood cat who came to my driveway, meowing prettily and purring when I pet it. One was a sweet little Korean girl who came into my life because of basketball who I found out this week has anorexia. This lent is very different than last year's - God has blessed me with creatures who appreciate the care that I give to them.

Please do pray for my student. The administration and I are working together to get her the help that she needs, but language and culture barriers (and the fact that her parents are some 6,000 miles away) make it difficult. But I am hopeful. She wants help and that is a hopeful thing.

And she did eat today. I watched her eat and then watched her after to make sure that she kept it down. Once she began eating, it was amazing to watch. She ate as if she were very hungry! How good to have food when you're hungry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker