RhoYoshi

Friday, September 30, 2005

Powerful Men

Have you even noticed that some men just stand out as powerful and having authority? I mean the ones who seem to have power and authority rightfully, not the ones who try to have authority when it isn't theirs to have. I really wonder about these sorts of men. How do they perceive themselves?

I've been taking this one class this semester from a man who is like that, he sort of reminds me of my Father-in-law. I think that my Father is like that too - but since I started knowing him by being his little girl, I probably never experienced him like that . . . although there have been times where I thought, "Wow. Dad's a real strong man!" And then I felt really glad to have his protection.

I just don't see much of this type of male. I know that our American society doesn't encourage strong masculinity, but I don't think that that is a good thing. I want strong men! There is something so impressive about a man who knows his mind, is in full control of his facilities, and is unswayed by evils and so goes forth to do good things.

The other thing that I want to point out is that we women are not as strong as we wish we were, or we think we are. Yeah, we can get stuff and do stuff because we are persistant - and we can endure pain longer than men because we are used to being in pain - but we are not physically as strong as men. Sometimes I think that we are not emotionally as strong as men either, or maybe a better way of putting that is that we are just not as emotionally consistent.

I'm not trying to be sexist, I'm just saying that I really admire strong, powerful men - men who are good-hearted, seek after God, have authority and strength and use these tools to serve God. I love this type of man. I wish that there were more of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker