RhoYoshi

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

First Day of School

Well, ladies and gents, I am now officially a teacher and I have to tell you that it freak'n rocks! Teaching is seriously a very fun passtime! I have a fairly quiet first period and a fairly rowdy second period. I have to be honest, I much prefer having rowdy students! I think that an important part of teaching a language is having the kids actually talk and in my second class that is not a problem at all. I'm going to have to work on my first period class a little bit. However my first period really wants to "do things" and have things that they can see and touch because that helps them learn. So I'm teaching them about food right now and I think that it would be rock'n to have a modified food fight. It would have to be an outside thing, but I could provide them with different types of food, team them up, and call out the different names of the foods and then they would only be allowed to throw that kind of food. That would be really fun and then they would want to remember the correct name for everything because otherwise they would lose. Or maybe I'll play steal the bacon, except the "bacon" will be different types of food and they will have to steal the right one. Fun!

Anyways, although it does take a fair bit of prep time, it is totally awesome to get to be up in front of a class of kids and entertain them with something that I find fascinating - learning! Seriously, it is one of the most exciting things that God gave us to do, and that's exactly what I intend for them to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker