RhoYoshi

Monday, February 20, 2006

Just when I felt lost . . .

This last week I asked my students to give me some feedback. I gave them a test to assess them, so I thought that it was only fair for them to assess me. To be honest I was bracing myself for an onslaught because the class that I asked to give me feedback was my harder class - first period. I was fairly sure that I would get a lot of "I'm bored, this is dumb, and why do I have to be here?" but I actually got feedback from them that I find helpful! It was all done with out them putting their names on the papers, because I wanted them to feel like they could be honest, and I asked them if they felt like they were learning Spanish, and what more I could do to help them learn. It turns out that they want more review and in class explanations, more repetition, more games, and a clearer homework chart. I think that I can combine the better explanations and more repetition into the area of "more games." They also want more movies and more visuals. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish that I had a laptop and a good projector so that I could do cool power point everyday, but I will have to make do with what I have. So I'm feeling pretty good. I think that as long as I keep up my end and try hard at making class time count that they will keep up their end and learn.

I have to say that I'm glad that I asked. Even though I was scared, their honesty makes me feel like I can do something to fix the little problems that I've been seeing in class instead of stewing inside and feeling lost.

Well, back to grading tests, lesson prepping, and trying to feel better (I felt fairly sick this morning, but resting today has done me good). I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker